Pages

Monday 12 January 2009

Sponnful Challenge - Nikki's Sketch


This card is my entry for the challenge over at A Spoonful of Sugar, which is a sketch by Nikki. I hope I amn't too late to enter. I seen the challenge last week and I thought to myself "what a fab sketch, nice and simple". However, I didn't realise the time had passed so quickly. I coloured the image on Saturday night and then put the card together yesterday. I was just finishing it when... the kids all decided to join me round the table. Kim doesn't need much help but Jack gets a bit carried away with the craft knife and Wee Steven loves the scissors! Anyway, here is the finished card at last.

Starting with a square Anita's base card and covering with paper that Kimberley unearthed from her bedroom. The image is Sugar Nellie by Elisabeth Bell, coloured with watercolour pencils that I got for the kids in the reduced section at my local Tesco for 96p! lol! I thought I'd see what they were like. Mounted onto pale lilac card and put on base card with foam pads. The flowers and brads are from WH Smith. I added some pink stickles to the brads (sugar coated). The pale lilac ribbon across the bottom is from my stash. The sentiment is a stamp from my stash on pale lilac cs and cut with wavy scissors.

Really pleased with this one! Not usually a flowery person. Hope I'm not too late for the challenge.


Hugs
Suzanne x

4 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is so pretty Suzanne and your colouring of this cute image beautiful, Hugs, Nikki x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is so cute. I love the colouring. Kim

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

you are so good in coloring dear.Did you buy the stamp or the print?

Anonymous said...

awww so cute hunni xxx

Leelou Blogs