Pages

Saturday 28 November 2009

Stunning...and a card!

Good evening all. This is a late post because I had to watch the X Factor first. I know I said I wasn't watching it anymore but I am totally hooked...I have to see who wins. And...after all the moaning about the awful twins...I felt a bit sorry for them last week, but...the show must go on.
Anyway, the X Factor was also late because I had to pick up Kim from a birthday party. Which, of course was another waste of time because she is now off to sleep over at her friends house. She looked absolutely gorgeous tonight before she left...even if she was a bit too grown up for me, lol.. It's hard to see them grow up, ehh...I am really proud of her and think she's beautiful but it's all a bit scary too! But, enough of my sentimental rubbish. I tried to get a photo but I am useless with a camera so here's one or two I thought were good.





What a stunner! Anway, onto the card. This one is for four challenges. I started off with the sketch from Martine and then the others just sort of fell into place. I love that - don't you? They are:

1. Just Magnolia - Sketch;
2. Charisma Cardz - Anything Christmas;
3. Papertake Weekly - Christmas Cracker;
4. Crazy 4 Challenges - Punch Happy.





The image is a Christmas Tilda and is coloured with Cosmic Shimmer paints and watercolour pencils with a wee bit of red stickles added. I have cut her out and sat her on the bench and then mounted both onto foam pads. The papers are Making Memories Fa La La collection - Poinsettia Stripe. The cream card was from my stash and I ran both pieces through the Bug with the Textile ebossing folder. The brads are from my stash. The punched strip is done with a Martha Stewart Lace Doily punch. The wee sentiment tag is a Studio G stamp set. Poinsettias are from Craftwork Cards, the spacers from my stash and I have added green stickles to the brads in the centre.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Hugs


7 comments:

Vee said...

A fabulous Christmas card, lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week. Good luck.
xx Vee

Sally said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Your daughter is gorgeous!

Sue said...

stunning looking young lady, and a stunning card, luv the little scene beautiful colouring, sue.x

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is just fabulous dear.
Sorry for the flying visit playing catch up again
Hugs Jacqui x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Hi Suzanne, you've won my images candy! Please email me your address and i'll send them asap xx

Rachel said...

This card is so cute! and kim looks gorgeous too...i love what shes wearing.
If you have a look on my blog i've got something for you.
Rachel xx

Mary Marsh said...

such a cute card-love the tilda image

Leelou Blogs